OSilas Gallery is pleased to announce that it will reopen to the public on September 17, 2020. We look forward to your visit! Please note our new hours and safety protocols below.
Planning Your Visit:
OSilas Gallery is located in the Donald A. Krenz Academic Center on the second level of Scheele Memorial Library (building #4 on the map) on Concordia College’s Bronxville campus.
Exhibitions and opening receptions are free and open to the public and no reservations are required for individuals and groups of less than eight unless otherwise noted.
OSilas Gallery welcomes groups! We ask that groups of eight or more please make arrangements to visit the gallery in advance with Executive Director Elizabeth Vranka at 914.337.9300 x2173 or Elizabeth.Vranka@concordia-ny.edu.
Visitor Policies for the Gallery:
- Large bags (i.e., backpacks, brief cases, totes, large handbags, etc.) and umbrellas are not permitted in the Gallery and should be left on the floor next to the front desk or outside the Gallery.
- Still photography (no flash) for non-commercial, personal use is permitted. The use of tripods and camera extension poles is prohibited.
- Do not touch the artwork, frames, bases or anything used to protect the art.
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Groups of eight or more are requested to make plans to visit the gallery in advance with Executive Director Elizabeth Vranka. Please note that group tours can be arranged outside of regular Gallery hours.
Please note that the health and safety of our students, staff and the Concordia College community is our priority. The Gallery now has in place these additional safety protocols:
- All visitors are required to check in with the security guard on the first floor of the Donald A. Krenz Academic Center (the Gallery is located on the second floor of Krenz) and prior to visiting the Gallery must: (i) complete a simple self-assessment questionnaire and (ii) have their temperatures checked. Based on answers to the questionnaire or a temperature reading of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, we will ask you to visit another day.
- No more than 16 visitors will be allowed in the Gallery at any one time.
- Visitors must wear face masks at all times while on Concordia’s campus and in the Gallery.
- Visitors shall maintain 6 feet social distance with other visitors.
- Please stay home if you are feeling sick.
- Entry to the Gallery of groups of 8 or more are by reservation only and the maximum group size is limited to 12.
- Follow the physical-distancing markers at visitor entry to the Donald A. Krenz Academic Center, the stairwell, elevator and exit points, as well as in locations throughout the Gallery.
- Visitors are asked to limit their time in the Gallery to no more than 45 minutes.
- Please follow the instructions of security guards and the Gallery staff.
Further information on Concordia College’s safety plans can be found here: https://www.concordia-ny.edu/coronavirus-updates.
OSilas Gallery is located on the campus of Concordia College, 171 White Plains Road, Bronxville, in the Donald A. Krenz Academic Center on the second level of Scheele Memorial Library. See #4 on map above. Free and ample parking is available on campus and is accessible via entry on Concordia Place off of White Plains Road. Bronxville is only 15 miles north of midtown Manhattan.
Train service is available from Grand Central Station to Bronxville. Metro-North Railroad Harlem Line commuter trains run every half-hour between 6 a.m. and 11:30 p.m. on weekdays. Take the train from Grand Central Terminal to the Bronxville Station. Visit the Metro-North website or inquire at the information booth in Grand Central Terminal for exact schedule and fare information. Taxi service is available at the Bronxville Station for the short ride to Concordia College.
Regular Gallery Hours:
Sunday / Monday / Tuesday – By Appointment Only
Wednesday 12 – 5 pm (Members Only) / Thursday 12 – 7 pm / Friday 12 – 5 pm / Saturday 2 – 5 pm
To make an appointment to visit the Gallery outside of regular hours or to arrange of group tour, please contact Executive Director Elizabeth Vranka at Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit the website page for individual exhibitions for additional closure dates due to campus holidays and special events or call the Gallery at 914.395.4520 to confirm hours.