COME CELEBRATE OSILAS GALLERY!
Cocktails, Hors D’Oeuvres, Live Music, Silent Auction
-GALA IN THE GALLERY IS NOW SOLD OUT-
Come to Gala in the Gallery to celebrate OSilas Gallery & Art Studio and support the high-quality lectures, art education and exhibitions of OSilas! Enjoy drinks, hors d’oeuvres, live music and beautiful surroundings with friends and neighbors who share your love of the visual arts. Online ticket sales are no longer available. To make a donation, please click HERE.
In addition, you won’t want to miss our fabulous art-oriented silent auction, which includes exclusive art tours, wonderful trips, beautiful artwork and much more. Please see below for a preview of the silent auction
Gala in the Gallery 6:00-8:30 at OSilas Gallery at Concordia College, 171 White Plains Road, Bronxville
Preview of the Silent Auction 2020
EXCLUSIVE ART TOURS (all trips are $125pp unless otherwise noted)
- Special Tour of the Armory Show with Gallerist Kathy Markel. Friday, March 6 at 12:30 pm (12 spaces). Tour the Armory Show with Kathy Markel, owner of the eponymous gallery in Chelsea since 1976. Learn trends in the market, hear personal stories about the artists on show and see fabulous art. THE SHOW IS NEXT WEEK!
- VIP Tour of Seven Bridges Foundation in Greenwich (seldom open to the public) with artist Henry Richardson. Friday, May 8 at 11:00 am (15 spaces). The collection includes fine art of large-scale paintings, bronze and stone sculptures, many created by artists that have been referred to as the “New Old Masters.” The museum showcases over 100 outdoor sculptures taking advantage of beautiful rolling 80 acres of native trees, grasses and plantings. Tour of buildings and grounds by renowned glass sculpture artist Henry Richardson.
- Private group tour of Niki de Saint Phalle: Structures for Life at MoMA PS1. Thursday, June 11 at 12:30 pm (15 spaces). Lunch included. The first New York museum exhibition of the work of this visionary feminist and activist artist will feature over 100 works that highlight Saint Phalle’s interdisciplinary approach and engagement with pressing social and political issues.
- BROOKLYN UNPLUGGED – Bushwick Graffiti and Street Art Tour (Brooklyn). Thursday, April 30 at 10:30 am (8 spaces). This walking tour is approximately 2 hours, rain or shine.
- Private group tour of Madame d’Ora at The Neue Galerie New York. Wednesday, May 20 at 11:00 am (18 spaces). Lunch included. The gallery will be closed to the public on this day day and lunch will be taken in Café Fledermaus after our tour. Dora Kallmus (1881–1963), better known as Madame d’Ora, was an unusual woman for her time with a spectacular career as one of the leading photographic portraitists of the early 20th century. This exhibition, the largest museum retrospective on the Austrian photographer to date in the United States, will present the different periods of her life, from her early upbringing as the daughter of Jewish intellectuals in Vienna, to her days as a premier society photographer, through her survival during the Holocaust.
- Private group tour of The Frick Collection. Thursday, April 2 at 10:00 am (12 spaces). $100 per person.
- Black and white portraiture circa 1975-1985 by Cal Swanson (work currently on show)
- “Spring at Heart” (alcohol ink and metallics on Yupo paper, layered under resin) by local artist Lyndal Vermette
- “Maple” (oil on canvas, 30”x 34”) by Don Swanson
- “Starry Day” (watercolor on paper) by Don Swanson
- “Autumn Improvisation I (framed quilt square) by local fiber artist Randy Frost
- Framed black and white photograph (New York City scene) by local photographer Angelo Merluccio
- “No. 1579” (gouache on paper floated under museum glass, 1973) by Arthur Pinajian (1914-1999)
DINNER AND ENTERTAINING
- Two orchestra seats to the hit Broadway show, Ain’t Too Proud, plus a gift certificate for Becco
- Lebanese-Armenian Dinner. Join hosts Jennifer Lotz and Omar Abukahdra and Elizabeth and Larry Vranka at the Abukahdras’ home for an authentic three-course Mediterranean meal featuring the food and wine of Lebanon and Armenia. Saturday, April 18 (12 spaces). $150pp.
- Scotch Tasting and Custom Shirts for the lucky winner and up to 7 of his friends/clients at Bespoke Menswear Shop Alton Lane in Tribeca. The winner and his guests can sip scotch, play poker and socialize while each gets fitted for a complimentary custom shirt valued at $155 per shirt. Great client event or something to do with groomsmen or just a group of friends. Valued at $1,500, starting bid $500
- Four-Course Dinner at Underhill’s for six including wine pairing.
- Four Tickets to the Hoch Chamber Music Concert on April 25 at 7:00 pm, including reception in OSilas Gallery at 5:30 pm.
- Four Nights at Exclusive Resorts in one of 8 fabulous locations: Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands; Los Cabos, Mexico; Peninsula Papagayo, Costa Rica; Real Del Mar, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico; Sea Island, Georgia; Scottsdale, Arizona; Steamboat Springs, Colorado; or Lake Tahoe, California; properties average 3,500 square feet, three-to-five bedroom homes, access to personal concierge to plan your trip from stocking the pantry to hiring a private chef to booking tee times. Value at $8,000; starting bid $4,000. To learn more, https://www.exclusiveresorts.com/Charity
- Two-Night Weekend stay at the luxurious Willard Intercontinental Hotel in Washington DC, including breakfast for two at Café du Parc. Valued at $800; starting bid $400.
- Two Nights at the Montage Palmetto Bluff Resort in South Carolina with daily breakfast and round-trip airfare for two. Valued at $2,500; starting bid $1,600.
- A Weekend at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art and its new Momentary Museum (just opened 2/22!) in Bentontville, AR: two nights in a gorgeously renovated and decorated 3-bedroom mid-century modern home walking distance to Crystal Bridges, the town square and great dining PLUS a VIP tour for four of The Momentary’s blockbuster State of the Art 2020 (Feb 22 – May 24, 2020) or any exhibit in 2020 at either Crystal Bridges or The Momentary PLUS Frank Lloyd Wright Bachman-Wilson House tour for four. This will be a VIP experience that you will be talking about for years to come! Airfare not included. Priceless! Starting bid $1,200.
. . . and much, much more!
Thank you to the many sponsors of Gala in the Gallery: